Breakfast Toasts are simple and delicious.
There are so many variations of breakfast toast it could have its own Wikipedia page. There are hundreds of them that include fruit, vegetables, beans and legumes, seafood, and even chocolate.
They say it is important to start the day right. Some of us like having a few minutes of our own space, to breathe, to set up good energy. I want to share with you a song by Rufus & P called, “Good Morning”. They have also acoustic version, which I like even better, it always brings a smile to my face when I hear it.
I’m not sure about you, but I do not like to “break fast”, especially in the mornings. For me, mornings are sacred. It is a quiet time, gentle and soft. I don’t like sudden movements or loud sounds. I want my coffee in my favorite mug or fresh green juice, lounge music with a calm and happy beat, and maybe a sweet comment or two on Instagram®. Don’t get me wrong, if I need to be up at 6 AM, I do, but I set up my alarm even earlier so I can have my calm morning without rushing.
So what is Breakfast? It is the first meal of the day. Where does the word come from? Personally, I thought it meant a fast break, something quick. But it literally means to break the fast of the prior night.
Since ancient times humans have been using grains to make porridge, but it wasn’t until the 15th century that the word “breakfast” was used in the English language and used to describe the morning meal. As part of its Meals series, Wikipedia has a page dedicated to a list of new and traditional breakfasts served in countries around the world.
Regardless of the word and world traditions, we all have our favorite morning eats. Some people like a sweet breakfast, while others enjoy a savory one. Avocado Arugula and Sunny Side Up Egg Breakfast Toast is on my list of favorites. It is super easy to make. It is healthy, filling and colorful – a perfect way to start the day!
- 2 pieces of toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato, small
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful of arugula
- Salt and pepper
- In a toaster oven or toaster toast the bread.
- Preheat a skillet with some olive oil on medium-high heat. Gently crack the egg into the pan. Reduce the heat and top with Parmesan and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. The egg whites should be set and the yolks still runny.
- In a small bowl mash the avocado and spread it on the toast. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with arugula and sliced tomato.
- Place cooked egg on top and serve.
Latest posts by ChipotlePotato (see all)
- Sesame Soba Noodles - 08/04/2019
- Matcha Chia Seeds Pudding with Raspberries and Hemp Seeds - 07/23/2019
- Watermelon and Feta Summer Appetizer - 07/17/2019